"If you do not like your life, change it."

"If you do not like your life, change it." If you are not doing anything to change your life, then you probably do not hate your life as much as you say you do.

Saturday, October 5, 2013

How do I feel safe in Delhi?

While I was waiting for an auto, 3 boys, who appeared to be half my age, started calling out things such as "oye chilli chicken", "hindi chini bhai bhai", etc. When they did not stop even after my glaring at them, I walked to a police van standing a few meters away. 
Me: bhaisaab, yeh ladke badtamizi kar rahe hain. (Officer, these guys are bothering me.)
Policeman (looking up from his mobile and sounding irritated): do minute ka chain nahi milta. Aap ladies log raat ko akele kyon ghumte ho? (Why do you ladies roam around alone in the night?)
Me: raat? abhi to sirf 8 baj rahe hain. (Night? It's just 8pm!)
He reluctantly got out of the van and chased the boys away uttering some innovative expletives. He then looked at me and said , "ab khush?" (Happy now??)
Khush (happy)?? Well.. not really!

No comments:

Post a Comment