"If you do not like your life, change it."

"If you do not like your life, change it." If you are not doing anything to change your life, then you probably do not hate your life as much as you say you do.

Sunday, October 11, 2020

Last wish of a mother


When I die, let me be.

Keep away the saffron wolves.

Shoo away the crocodiles.

It's always been me and you;

Let the same be now.

My virtues, my vices,

My badges of honor.

I need no rites,

I need no arbiter,

I'll meet my maker

As He deems fit.

Don't mourn me,

Don't grieve me.

Don't celebrate me.

I need no wake,

I need no tears.

Hold me with my good and my bad

In a sunlit corner of your heart.

Live life, take flight,

Unfettered by sorrow.

When I die, just let me be.


1 comment:

  1. Such a short, sharp gem! The first line itself hits with its tautness and directness.The short sentences keep the momentum going. Don't mourn me-Don't grieve me-Dont celebrate me each line comes like snaps of a rubber band on your bone. And after the poem-long restrain, the intense emotion gets a release in the line 'in a sunlit corner of your heart.' It's imagination of a soul grown stoic having suffered enough, yet trying to survive holding on to the hope of the 'me and you.' The best & most mature of all your writings so far!

    ReplyDelete