"If you do not like your life, change it."

"If you do not like your life, change it." If you are not doing anything to change your life, then you probably do not hate your life as much as you say you do.

Monday, October 12, 2020

Final moments

O Death, you brute,

I wonder what you are -

His deliverer of justice

Or the devil's errand boy,

I wonder who you are.

O Death, you sadist,

Why do you come a-calling?

What pleases you the most -

The smell of fear,

The chill of despair,

The silent shrieks of helplessness,

The gasps of grief?

Do you jump with glee

As you ambush me mid-breath?

O Death, be merciful,

Spare me a handful of moments

To steal a last glance,

To bid a final farewell,

Home and hearth, kith and kin, 

I leave behind with nothing,

Trusting fickle memories of men

To bear witness to my spent life.

O Death, my one true soulmate,

Stand by me, steady me,

As I embrace the void,

Unburdened, unfettered., unmasked.


No comments:

Post a Comment