"If you do not like your life, change it."

"If you do not like your life, change it." If you are not doing anything to change your life, then you probably do not hate your life as much as you say you do.

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

The Farewell

Hold my hand for a while.

Let the leaving warmth of my body

Comfort you one last time.

Hug me tight while my blood,

Your blood, still runs in my veins.

Don't cover my face yet -

My last breath hangs in the air still,

Caressing your face and hair.

Put me down gently;

Light my pyre with love,

As you would a diwali lamp.

Stay away from the flames,

Lest a rogue spark touches you.

Don't watch my body burn.

Save yourself the pain.

Leave before the end.

Don't look back.

Don't turn back.

Know you are loved.

Know you will be watched.

Don't weep for me;

This was meant to be.

Just don't bid me farewell yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment